All week long Mother Nature has given Steamboat Springs the feeling summer is over for another year. A peek at this weekend’s forecast has brought a sigh of relief, as once again the sun will shine. Thank goodness, as Steamboat has an action packed schedule of events planned to celebrate Labor Day.
The Condos in Steamboat team and guests have plenty of fantastic events to keep us busy all weekend long. We thought we’d share a few highlights of what to expect from Labor Day weekend in Steamboat.
• Wild West Air Fest celebrating its 10th year, the Air Fest fills the skies with a selection of aircraft and high-flying acrobatic maneuvers. Events incorporate; A Tribute to the Troops, kids zones and presentations including ‘Flying a Single Engine Plane over 11,000 miles of ocean; you’ve got to be nuts!
• Rocky Mountain PBR Bull Bash 40 of the top professional bull riders in the world can be found at the Brent Romick Arena on Sunday afternoon from 3.00p.m. to 5.00 p.m. Competing for $15,000 prize money, watch these cowboys hang on with all they’ve got!
• Farmers Market A summer staple on 7th and Yampa Street, this impromptu tented village houses artisans, producers and chefs providing visitors with an array of local made goodies. Live music accompanies the eclectic shopping experience.
• Side Walk Sales A pre and post seasonal favorite among locals. Wander through the historic downtown shopping district and snag a bargain from many of Steamboat’s best loved stores. Mountain chic meets contemporary home, there’s something for everyone.
• Chili Challenge On Sunday head downtown to 7th and Yampa Streets for another annual staple. Live music, refreshments and the chance to taste and vote for your favorite chili recipe. Help local competitors enter to win for honors in the red, green, other, cornbread and salsa categories. Children’s activities are available.
• Steamboat Stage Race Bike Town USA hosts the 6th annual Steamboat Stage Race presented by Moots. Racers from across the State compete in three days of road racing.
If you haven’t made plans to celebrate Labor Day, call Condos in Steamboat , then come and join us for a spectacular end to summer.