Exactly one week today Condos in Steamboat will be sending our first guests of the season on the gondola for Steamboat’s opening day. While the snow in itself is worth celebrating we thought we’d share our top five most anticipated changes for the 2013/14 season.
1. Night Skiing – Debuting this winter on 1,100 vertical feet of terrain, five trails will be open illuminated by state of the art Ultra-Tech Lighting. Tickets start at $5. (Dates of operation will be Friday to Sundays, Dec 20-22, Dec 26 – Jan 6, Jan 10 – Feb 21, Feb 22 – March 20, plus Jan 22 all from 5.30pm – 8.30pm).
2. Snow sports School and Kids Vacation Center at Night – Lessons for all abilities will be available during night skiing; now there is no need to stop learning after dark. Coinciding with night skiing hours the evening kids camp will feature snacks and dinner, games, crafts and a gondola ride (weather depending).
3. Four Points Lodge – set to open in December 2014 this multi-million dollar Lodge, located in the heart of Storm Peak/Four Points area features a 2,500 square foot wrap around deck and 35-seat bar. Hungry skiers have the option of healthy grab and go items or kick back and savor fresh fare including salads and pastas, plus daily specials from the soup kettle and stone grill.
4. More direct flights – getting here couldn’t be easier this winter with direct flights from 9 major airports and connections to 230 nationwide and worldwide. New for this season is a twice weekly nonstop from Seattle to Steamboat on Alaskan Airlines. Check out Alaska, American, Delta and United for deals.
5. Olympic Celebration – Jan 25 2014 come and send our winter Olympians off to Sochi in style. The entire town will host a community wide celebration featuring past and present Olympians (79 have called Steamboat home), fireworks, music and lighting of the town’s 15-foot tall community cauldron.
While we believe these new additions will make for an incredible 2013/ 2014 season it’s the 88 inches of white stuff settled so far, that’s making the town buzz. The countdown has begun and here at Condos in Steamboat we’re ready for a spectacular season. If you haven’t booked up already take a look at our vacation rental deals, grab one of these easy flight options and we’ll see you at Four Points.