On Sunday we will say au revoir to another epic Steamboat ski season. Ensuring an impressive send off to a winter we will remember for powder days, bluebird skies, subzero not so bluebird days and endless moments of on mountain memories the ski area will close with traditional Springalicious madness.
Saturday brings the 34th annual Cardboard Classic race. Handmade contraptions including anything from a psychedelic car to a stallion will be hurtled down the hill at speed ensuring a spectacle for all observers. March Fourth Marching Band will follow with an onstage show set to wow featuring acrobats and dazzling dancers performing to an eclectic mix of globally inspired music.
Sunday is a people spotter’s dream starting at 1pm. Bikini clad crazies will try their luck at The Splashdown Pond skimming, where entrants aim to make it across the freezing ice on skis or boards. Festivities will draw to a close with hip hop alternative band Philadelphia based G Love and Special Sauce playing a selection of laid back blues.
For those of our guests who came to see us again this winter we at Condos in Steamboat want to thank you for being part of another great Steamboat ski season. For friends who we didn’t see this year, here are some great reasons for making Steamboat your first choice next year.
1. 406 inches of powder on the mountain this year – and we are still counting!
2. Night skiing – it’s been a hit!
3. Ski Biking – an awesome alternative for those who want to be on the mountain without skis, boards or snowshoes.
4. Powder cats – small groups, untouched tree covered and steep terrain, incredible guides, need we say more.
5. Four Nordic Centers and miles of free backcountry trails.
6. Ski jumping – try being airborne on Wednesday nights at Howelson Hill led by past Olympians.
7. Kids Ski Free – under 12’s are free to ski with a paying adult on multi day passes.
8. Strawberry Park or Downtown Hot Springs – all natural relaxation guaranteed.
9. Carnival Central – Steamboat folks love any excuse for a party, parade or reason to celebrate our Olympic and skiing heritage. Look out for cowboy meets skier events throughout the season.
10. Condos in Steamboat – saving the best until last. Always here to make your stay memorable for only the right reasons.
Thanks for a great winter, hope to see you next season. If you can’t wait until then see you this summer – it’s the reason we make this great town home.