The Luck of Springtime in the ‘BoatPosted by Kim Filler
The Irish are not the only ones who get to feel lucky. Spending a springtime vacation in Steamboat Springs will make you feel blessed, and here 10 reasons why.
- Skiing or boarding on the fresh groomers in the morning and soft snow in the afternoon sun. (Although an impending storm is going to add a fresh layer of powder to the mix next week).
- Rockin’ out at to a free concert at the base area with Bud Light Rocks the ‘Boat series.
- Slopeside’s Ice Bar – après ski just got cooler.
- Soaking in thermal waters at the Strawberry Park Hot Springs – one of 19 mineral springs on the Historic Hot Springs Tour through Colorado.
- Cross-country skiing in a t-shirt and refueling with a picnic on Rabbit Ears Pass. (Pick up a to go from Backcountry Provisions but be warned, you might need a nap, it’s so good).
- Gear sales have started in town and on the mountain so there’s plenty of bargains to snag.
- Snowshoeing and hiking at Fish Creek Falls where the ice is beginning to melt. When it does, you can’t hear yourself think for the roar.
- Sipping suds at the four local breweries dotted around town.
- Road biking past miles of rolling ranch lands.
- Taking an early morning hot air balloon ride as the valley below awakens.