Unless you are one of these meticulously organized souls, the holidays can be a time of rushing around in a manic fashion shopping and wrapping gifts, endless visits to the grocery store and planning what to do with the grandkids.
Hopefully this Christmas you will find yourself in Steamboat Springs where the only thing that will keep you busy is choosing how to spend another glorious day.
Here is the Condos in Steamboat bucket list for things you need to do this holiday.
- Make Christmas Day dining reservations. Local favorites include Hazies on the mountain for brunch, or the Cabin at the Steamboat Grand for dinner.
- Pick up last minute gifts shopping in Steamboat’s historic downtown. Look for local products including Big Agnes apparel at the little red house on Oak Street, Smartwool socks at Allens, books by local authors at Tread of Pioneers Museum or Off the Beaten Path Bookstore and delectable foodie options at the Homesteader on Lincoln Avenue.
- Feel the festive spirit on December 20 by joining the Steamboat Holiday Festival at Gondola Square, going to comedy sketch with music by local kids at Story Pirates in the Strings Pavilion, then back to the mountain for a torchlight parade and fireworks.
- Try something new with cross country or skate ski lessons at the picturesque Steamboat Touring Center, then warm up with a bowl of homemade soup in the café.
- Rent snowshoes from Ski Haus and head north for the day. Stop in at the Clark Store for a breakfast burrito and a cup of local coffee before snowshoeing at Steamboat Lake or Pearl Lake in North Routt. (Trails are well marked).
- Feel the need for speed? Ride the lift and hop in a tube at Howelsen Hill or Saddleback Ranch for an afternoon of downhill thrills. Saddleback Ranch offers a shuttle service.
- Listen to the bells jingling as horses pull your sleigh over snow-covered fields at Saddleback Ranch or Haymaker Nordic Center. Warm up afterwards with hot cocoa or a full home-style western dinner.
- Ski or snowshoe with a naturalist for free through educational resource group Yampatika – you never know who or what you might find hiding.
- Don a pair of skates and take a spin around the Olympic sized rink at Howelsen Ice Arena. Open skate hours can be found at steamboatsprings.net
- Saving the best until last………….inhale the crisp mountain air skiing through the legendary champagne powder at Steamboat Ski Area. Or go where there is no trail and leave your own with Steamboat Powdercats at Buffalo Pass.
Whatever you decide to do, we wish you a wonderful stay in the “Boat and a very Merry Christmas