Ok, so if you are a Dad there is only one place to be this weekend…..Steamboat Springs. Imagine something that goes a little like this:
• Wake up to a beautiful blue Colorado sky breathing the freshest air you could hope to fill your lungs with.
• Fuel up on Winona’s award winning super-size cinnamon rolls washed down with a strong cup of Steamboat Roasters coffee.
• Step onto Lincoln Avenue for the annual Mustang Show ‘n’ Shine – this can only be described as a car lover’s dream.
• Head for the mountain and take in Savor Steamboat. Sample your way through local fare, look out for homemade jerky and Chef Dean Martin BBQ sauce – we can’t get enough of it!! Purchase a ticket for Shake and Stir where bar tenders put talents to the test using Colorado distilled 303 Vodka and Whisky.
• Cool off in your Condos in Steamboat pool or opt for a late afternoon massage at any great Salon options in town and on the mountain.
• Spruce up, sip a locally made beer and sample townsfolk favorites on the outdoor patio at Mahogany Ridge Brewery.
• Meander down to the Romick Rodeo ground, hold on to your hat while cowboys take to the arena lassoing, riding and steering their way to the roar of the crowd.
• Stop for a nightcap at Harwigs, best scotch selection in town.
• Sleep soundly in your Steamboat accommodation of choice.
• Wake up to another blue sky morning and chilled mountain air.
• Give yoga for cyclists a go – taking place on the mountain.
• Hop on the gondola for a spectacular ride up to Father’s Day Brunch.
• Switch sandals for sneakers and make your way down the mountain – you’ll need to after the incredible spread you have just devoured.
• Head for a soak at the Old Town Hot Springs.
• Enjoy an evening nine holes at Haymaker Golf Course, or pick up a bike from Ski and Bike Kare to ride one of Bike Town USA’s many trails.
• Opt for a late dinner by the Yampa River, or call for takeout and relax back at your Steamboat condo.
If this doesn’t sound like a true Dad pleaser then we’re not sure what is! Happy Father’s Day from all of us at Condos in Steamboat.